Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsMartial Arts · 2 months ago

is there anything I can buy to measure punching power or to get an estimate?

like I cant tell by feeling because different techniques produce very different feelings so u cant tell which is harder whats better etc

Is there anything I can buy to find out or is it simply not possible?

Just something that gives an estimate ?

Is that not possible?

Do I have to find people to fight other novices to find this out? 

• Bon

There are devices that senses the force of a strike and returns a value in units of Newtons or pounds. They go by various names such as punching sensors, striking meters, punch tracker, force sensors, etc. There are even punching bags with such sensors built in. Depending on the quality and type, they cost anywhere from $90 to $400 in the US.

However, the quantitative value in the form of a force of a strike is not really a true indicator of how powerful or effective it is. The reason is that force has to be applied to an area and what is more important is the depth or penetration of that force. If you hit someone with a punch and that force is only applied to the surface of his body, while it would hurt or sting, it is essentially no more damaging than a slap. But a strike where force is applied "through" the target, and although it may be less powerful it will be more effective. This is why you hear trainers telling their students to punch through the target.

Is that you atronomic white?