Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 months ago

How to suppress appetite with a fast metabolism?

My metabolism is too fast it burns whatever I put in it immediately. I get soooo hungry when I'm trying to work and it's distracting. I'll have a full breakfast and 2 hours later my stomach will be growing; I used to smoke/vape and that killed my appetite and gave me energy but now that I've quit nicotine I get hungry faster and start dragging mid-day from lack of calories.

What are some natural appetite suppressants or techniques I can use? I doubt green tea is as strong as nicotine to keep it at bay lol

I am a woman 

*stomach will be growling*

Favorite Answer

Coffee or tea are appetite suppressants. I drink a lot of black iced cold brew coffee in a thermos.

• Andy C

Your 'problem' is that your body is working.   Your brain's sensitivity to the hormone leptin is stronger than most, making you incapable of overeating. 

Eat when hungry.   Not eating will only make you first sick and then die.

Eat fibrous foods,  the higher the fiber,  the better.  Fiber slows down food absorption and produces bulk,  both insoluble fiber (bulk) and soluble fiber (increases the feeling of fullness).

Don't complain about your functioning body; celebrate your having the exact opposite of obesity.   

• mokrie

Get your thyroid checked. A hyper-thyroid can cause this problem. It's very hard on your heart and should be taken care of if that's your problem.

maybe you should get your thyroid checked