promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Edward asked in SportsBaseball · 2 months ago

Who was the best MLB pitcher ever in terms of pitching, hitting, fielding and running ?. I say Tom Glavine . What do you think ?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I can't say Greg Maddux was the best, but he was better than Glavine. He had 50 more wins, a much lower ERA, had 5 career homers to just ONE for Glavine, had a higher batting average, had 18 career stolen bases ot just ONE for Glavine, and won 18 Gold Gloves at the position to NONE for Glavine,

• ...Show all comments
    • curtisports2
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Leaving out Ruth, whose career pitching record is incomplete (though he most likely would have had a HOF career), Walter Johnson is the best all-around pitcher ever. 417 wins, most career shutouts, career BA .235, 24 HR, stolen bases and fielding comparable with Maddux. Once hit .433 for a season.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Bob
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No it was not Tom Galvine, his team mate with the Braves, Greg Maddux was better,and all time Babe Ruth was better,and Jim Kaat was also better.

• 2 months ago

Obviously too early to say but it looks like Shohei Ohtani fits bill. He has proven very early on to be a very good hitter. In his rookie season, he pitched very well though I think you need to see a lot more than a season especially when it comes to pitchers. He has not played in the field in the MLB, but has in the NPPL so I am sure he is a capable fielder and in terms of running, he is in the top 25% of the league in terms of speed so there is that.

• martin
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

They say Babe Ruth was a very successful pitcher, and everyone knows how he hit.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.