Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 months ago

Is it ok to ask my boyfriend to delete her?

I’ve been with my boyfriend since September and everything is going great! We have a great relationship in every way and I trust him completely.

There’s one issue- another girl.

He became friends with her on his PlayStation. They play online together and they were friends before we even started dating. I didn’t really have an issue with it initially but I noticed she was always liking his stuff on Facebook and twitter and it really got me mad! To make things worse, she used the heart reaction on his DP - -you don’t do that when a guy has a girlfriend. She’s also mentioned coming to NYC at some point and if she’s ever there they could meet up. 

She never likes pictures of me and him but always ones of himself. He maintains that they are just friends and don’t speak anymore but they still like stuff online and I think she probably does like him.

I do trust him, but I’m so uncomfortable with her. She lives in Cali and we live in NYC so they won’t bump in to each other. I trust him and I know he would never cheat or anything but I’m just not ok with it.

He did say he would delete her if I wasn’t happy. I said no so I wouldn’t look crazy but now I’m really considering asking him to do it- would this be ok? And how do I go about it?

Favorite Answer

I had a similar issue with my boyfriend back when we first started dating, only this was a uni friend of his. I had mentioned my concern a few times to which he maintained pretty much the same response that it's not a big deal but if I feel uncomfortable he can delete her. I thought about it and realised if I truly believe that and I trust him I wouldn't ask him to do that. More or less I came to the conclusion that it wasn't worth worrying about because I knew in my heart he wouldn't do anything to hurt me and even if she did make sexual advances on him he wouldn't reciprocate. So I let it go and eventually they dropped communication of their own accord, I'm not really sure why but it doesn't really bother my either. So if what you say is true and you do trust him, then let it go. It can only hurt you if you let it, and if he hasn't done anything to provoke suspicion then don't worry about it.

• Anna2 months agoReport

Thanks for being the only person nice about it. Don’t know why I even asked after getting horrible answers! People are rude!

No, I would just let things go for now. If she comes to NY. see what happens, keep checking to see if he may caa her or go see her. Keep your trust in him and see witch way it goes. I am 69 years old and I have been there, with a girl.

• Raja

If you can trust your bf  and you know they are only friends and they are far apart what makes you feel so uncomfortable. You know that she plans to come to NY .Once she is in NY let your bf to introduce you to her as his gf,Till such time avoid being in tension . If you ask your bf to delete her he will get the feeling that you are not prepared to trust him and you have no faith in him. Avoid being a pain in his neck.It is not ok to make that suggestion.

He asked you, and you said no. If you want to change your mind and want to know if it would be ok, you need to ask him that. What difference does it make what a bunch of strangers say? If it's ok with Yahoo Answers community,  why would it follow that it's ok with him? 

You say repeatedly that you trust him, so what is your problem? 

• Archer

And so "you" have a problem after all.

Sure, if you want to come off as an insecure, jealous control freak nagger of a girlfriend, then ask him to delete her.

they are friends. She doesn't even live in close proximity to you and him. So why are you so intimidated by her?

Be an assertive, independent and self-assured girlfriend. Otherwise? You're going to run him off.

And if you don't trust the guy you're with? Then you're with the wrong guy

• Imp

Yes you should if you're willing to do the same!

Nahh..you dont really trust him

So what you're saying is you really DON'T trust him. You're gonna come across as crazy for being jealous of a girl he's never seen nor spoken to in person. I'd let it go & get control of myself for being overly jealous!!!

You sound jealous and insecure.  He’s never even met this girl and she’s thousands of miles away.  She’s not a threat to you...so what if she likes pictures of him.  I think if you let this non-issue go and stop obsessing over it, it will naturally die off over time.  But keep pushing, and you’ll drive a wedge between you and your boyfriend for sure.  No one likes a psycho controlling girlfriend, especially when it’s such a non-threatening situation.  You’re coming off as a bit crazy here.

You say you trust him.  If that’s true, you seem willing to risk alienating him when you really don’t believe he would do anything with this girl that would violate your trust.  You’ll get much further by showing him that you trust him than you will by blowing this out of proportion.