New mum, don’t know what to do with cats at night time? ?

I had my son a few days ago and I’m home from hospital, I live in an open planned house so there is no doors, is it cruel if I put my two cats outside at nighttime as I’m so paranoid to sleep with them in the room with my baba, it’s quite warm outside and they spend 50% of the time outdoors, I usually leave the window open but I can’t with baby, I’m paranoid about sleeping at night anyway I watch him all the time and haven’t had much sleep since being back from the hospital 

• L

Put the cats outside at night.  During the day, when the cats are inside, do not let them near the baby............they will bring in fleas.

• Edna

Why CAN'T you leave the windows open?  There's no reason not to do so. Fresh air can't hurt your baby.

It's very cruel to put your cats outside at night. Let your cats stay inside with the baby. It's very dangerous for cats that  have to stay outside (cars, dogs, people who just hate cats). Your cats aren't going to hurt your baby, and your cats can't give your baby any sort of illness; nor can your baby give your cats any sort of illness.

If you cant separate the cats from baby at night  or when you are out of the room always use a cat net on crib or pushchair - this is what the website says -

Babies may have traces of milk around their mouths and a cat may try to lick it off. But it is extremely unlikely that a cat would harm a baby, let alone suffocate it. Of course it is not recommended that cats and babies sleep together and you should not leave your cat alone in the same room as your baby.

If it’s warm then I guess it’s not cruel. But if it gets cold at night it’s kind of cruel to lock cats outside in the cold. You can also buy a pet cage to put them in only for nighttime and let them out in the morning.

Your cats are no danger to your baby. Zero.

Do your bathrooms not have doors?

I have two daughters.

I have also ALWAYS had CATS.

It was NEVER a problem to have both at the same time.

I NEVER put my cats outside and never restricted access to my daughter's room.

Both of my daughters are adults now and they both LOVE cats.  

Your child development teacher was an idiot.  

• Katie2 months agoReport

Thank you. 

• Tulip

What do you think the cats will do and why can't you open the window?

• Edna
      4 weeks agoReport

Katie:  What your child development teacher taught you  is 100% wrong - cats have NOT smothered babies while the baby was sleeping. Keep your cats inside; they're not going to harm your baby in any way. Where do you live that it gets too cold to have the windows open at the end of April?

• Eva

No reason to put them outside. They're not going to do anything to the baby.

• Katie2 months agoReport

Thank you 

Drink some gin.