Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

Everyone is SO DEPRESSED about COVID-19 where I live "Worse then 9/11" is all I hear. How do I stay out of the depression and feel good?

It is a tragedy but has not impacted me and even if it did I don't feel I should be ordered to stop living. Right now everyday is like a funeral.

How do I stay out of other people's depression and make myself feel good while being respectful of course that hundreds are indeed dying?

I live near NYC so the death toll here is worse then 9/11 and Swine Flu combined. 

Favorite Answer

You live your life trusting life and live in the moment. I realize there is a lot of fear, anxiety and even panic. We all do what we have to do. And even though i'm isolated and have lost a lot of wages, i am finding productive things to do -- working on art, cleaning out drawers and getting rid of things, working on my garden, and i'm even doing some online research about two subjects i've been interested in but didn't have time to study before.

The world is your oyster, even if you're at home

Take care

Just live your life. 

• Lisa M

We don't know if the death toll is from COVID. The tests are only 65% accurate. That means 35% of whom they say tested positive actually only have a cold or the flu. Just practice good hygiene and you'll be okay. 

• LAN

No, only weak minded fools are depressed by this.  Must of us are doing just fine.

After this virus sizzles out we still have cancer, Aids/HIV, hepatitis, mono, infected insects and Lyme disease rodents and natural disasters. As long as you keep up looking happy it may help another person struggling. We seem to get caught up with this virus that we forget about car accidents or fires that could take our life. I live in California. There are areas that aren't as bad as Los Angeles. I don't wear a mask because I know my environment. I go to the same store and go for a walk to release any bad toxins. I stay focused on my walk and I still say hello to people. Enjoy your day.

• Andy C

Depression is a state of mind. You can't catch it from others nor is it transmittable.

It IS worse than 9/11. This is affecting the entire nation, not just one city.

To best stave off depression, exercise regularly(daily activity), don't eat sugar and try to look at only the bright side of life.

Most depression is self-actuated and therefore preventable.

Volunteer help for others.

Cook and prepare your one food.

Be mindful/meditate.

Count wins, not losses (but always use loss as a learning opportunity).

Keep in touch with family and friends.  Use the internet.  Face to face phone calls are very important.

So you don't like sport or movies then.