Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCorporations · 2 months ago

When is the best time to grocery shop/When do most grocery stores get their trucks?

Given the recent in events, i live in a smaller town, but it's grown very populated in the last year or two due to the cheaper cost of living and etc. Obviously, the Co-vid19 has gotten everyone to mass buy groceries. I've just been buying my normal stuff for about 2-3 weeks and going back and replenishing what i need. I was wondering when do most grocery stores get their trucks? I get jealous when i see Youtubers who are good at saving money and they know when grocery stores get a truck, when certain things always go on sale, when the best time of day to shop and etc. Lol

So, when do stores like Walmart, Publix and etc usually get trucks and when is the best time to shop to get the most bang for your buck? I'm a young college kid who is limited on funds and just want to find ways to save a bit of money.

• Less busy times are off hours or during the week. In my area usually stores get freight in mid week, so they can get it out on the shelves before the sales start. If you go on a weekend you may have to line up to get in then face another line up to get to a cashier. In my area they've also deemed the first hour to seniors and people with disabilities to get their groceries. 

• Judy

There's no "most" - each store is on a different schedule. Ask them. Often deliveries are separate for different types of products. The prices are set by time like on sale a certain week, not by delivery.

As a young college kid you are smart enough to know- now is not the time to focus on trying to save money.

If you are able to buy what you need at the time of day, you are shopping and the stores are less crowded = continue doing what you are doing.

= please don't risk getting Covid-19 because you wanted to save a few dollars.

Your current entertainment budget is likely getting close to $0, so that will make up for any extra food cost that you incur. 

Here's the thing. Just knowing when a delivery is made to your local store isn't enough. You need to know if the store does stocking overnight or during the day. If it's after the store closes then going the morning after makes more sense than going on the day of the delivery because it will just be sitting on pallets in the receiving area. As far as stores like Walmart it seems like they are all closing at 8:30 PM but they open very early at 7AM so again, the best time is probably in the early morning. Once they start back staying open overnight. I find that late at night is when there are the least amount of shoppers but also the least number of opened checkout registers as well.