X asked in Cars & TransportationSafety · 2 months ago

Road Rage incident?

A week ago, there was this guy that cut me off and I sped up to get around him because it made me frustrated.

When I did that, he followed me, rolled down his window yelling at me for about 15 minutes until he gave up. Recently, just driving around my town I ve seen him twice and both times he s been aggressive, flipping me off, yelling and pointing at me.

I m avoiding going out at all because of this, and he lives relatively close I imagine since I ve seen him so much. Because he hasn t threatened me or anything, what am I supposed to do? I can t live in fear, this is ridiculous.

Thanks for all the help. It's kind of not rational his response. We both were probably having bad days. My fear is, though, since he did that he's going to continue to keep it escalated. I'm hoping eventually he either forgets about it, or lets it go. It's not really a big deal. Atleast to me now, but apparently is still to him.

Favorite Answer

don't engage the scumbag,that's what he want's.

all the threats are bluster designed to intimidate and inflate his ego.

if you called his bluff it's likely 'he won't have time' and has 'things to do'.

• Erik

or it might not be a bluff

I bet in real life he is a coward, I would give the idiot a good hiding.

You need a dashcam and show this behavior to the police. Put him on your neighborhood vidios as a raging idiot.

That's why I carry, always.

• F

Was it Ronny Pickering again?

• Erik

This is why you avoid road rage incidents at all costs.  You, the other driver, or someone else could be injured or killed.  As for right now, you could either apologize to the guy, pull over and fight him, or just ignore him.

If he was aggressive, then get his license number and report him to the police for harassment, i guess

• Helen

You shouldn't have sped up to get around him but his overreaction was aggressive and prolonged. Chances are he's angry and upset about other things going on in his life so he's taking it out on you. If you know where he lives, send an apology note. It can't hurt to try.

maybe apologize? i know he's in the wrong tho, but he's a big baby... to still be mad at someone you don't even know with some minor incident that caused no accident a week ago is just pathetic. he may even have mental issues. you can actually report him to the police for reckless driving.

Blow him a kiss next time. He'll think you are gay and will back off. Unless he bats for the other side.

• RAMIT2 months agoReport

You should know