Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited KingdomOther - United Kingdom · 2 months ago

Where is a good country to move too?

Hi. So I'm British and have lived in the UK my whole life - however when I see countries with their outdoor/beach lifestyle I really wish that I had that. I would like to maybe move away and have nice weather (not too hot) with an outdoor lifestlye - where is a good country to move too - I only speak English

Try 'Oz' (Australia). It is a Commonwealth country, the Queen is Head of state, Their government is similar to Great Britain.

Bondi Beach outside Sydney , or the Gold Coast just south of Brisbane. will give you a beach lifestyle.

Malta, Gibraltar, in the US Florida and California, Costa Rica, northern New Zealand, Belize

Australia is too hot, full of dangerous animals and wild fires. The only good things about Australia are the Australians and cities like Sydney with the Opera and Melbourne and Tasmania.

• anon99%

I love Malta but to hot and Dry definitely NOT the USA

Costa Rica is awesome. The people are friendly and laid back, its relatively inexpensive to live there and they have excellent healthcare for foreigners. It is a fraction of what it cost to live inthe u.s. For example, the first day I was there I broke my arm. I went to Hotel Católico and had my arm xrayd, saw a doctor and got meds for pain and it cost $250 us dollars out of pocket. In the us, it would have cost 5xs or more. When I returned to the us, I paid over 3k for them to look at it (xray etc)  and tell me the bones had healed. 

I would have suggested Australia as you like beach lifestyle but It's dangerously hot over there. So I suggest Florida maybe, or California where Harry and Megan are currently staying. I am not sure about Gibraltar though. They sit on the Mediterranean but do they speak English or Spanish?

• anon99%

thumbs up from me i came her some 60 years ago and only go back to the UK to visit my sister who cannot get an interview too old

canada. Stay away from the US. Worst quality of life among developed countries 

Perhaps you should research the types of insects and what they can do to make

your life a living hell before you get to carried away with your clueless fantasy.

You cant go anywhere until the coronavirus pandemic is over. Also the grass isn't always greener the other side of the fence.

• DEBS

Some people like to plan ahead.  I highly doubt they were looking to move in the next month or so.

• DEBS

US and Australia are the two big English speaking countries that come to mind.  There are many little island nations where English is spoken as well.  Being allowed to live and work in a foreign country is often the biggest barrier.  If you're serious, then look up English speaking countries and start narrowing down your search.    

• Tavy

Every country in the world have immigration rules. You need a job to go to and money to support yourself.

• hihi!

Belize

• Orla C

You could learn to speak another language.

• hihi!

even if l never go to Mexico again, l study Spanish. Everyone in Spain speaks English