jared
jared asked in SportsFootball (American) · 6 months ago

Can an argument be made for Derrick Henry being the best RB in the NFL ?

Favorite Answer

He led the league in rushing yards and tds. He also led in rushing avg among starters. And he single-handedly carried a mediocre Tennessee team to the AFC championship game (which was a close game until the 4th q) 

Anyone who doesn't think he's the best RB right now doesn't have any idea what they're talking about. 

You could ask these sports radio shows.

To answer, no.

I am a sports fan who is a fan of 2 sports radio shows. They talk about sports topics and they take phone calls from passionate sports fans. If you are interested to call their sports radio shows than feel free. Call their morning show, and the afternoon show at 704-332-0173. It is Monday to Friday, 7am ET to 9:55am ET. Also, 3pm ET to 6:55pm ET. They would talk about any sports topics of your choice, and also if you have questions in sports or anything in general, feel free to call them.

You could call in another sports radio show Monday to Friday at 12pm ET to 12:55pm ET, 502-571-1080. They would talk about any sports topics of your choice, and also if you have questions in sports or anything in general, feel free to call them.

You can certainly make that argument, but you also have to consider that when Tennessee was behind and had to throw the ball, Henry was on the sidelines. He's in the top two or three if not the best.

• Pronk

Christian McCaffrey is way better..

I guess, but you'd have to work really hard to justify how, in a passing era of football, catching passes by the RB is not that critical, because Henry kind of sucks at this critical skill.  

But I'm not even sure I'd say that Henry is the best PURE RUNNER in the NFL.  He's the best pure runner WITH A STRONG LINE.  That I definitely believe.  

So while I can see a very narrow, caveat filled argument being crafted, I don't think it's a winning argument.

• Bob

Yes but only if you think that catching passes does not count.

Sure. It would be a really bad argument, but I'm sure you could put one out there.

• Jon

Maybe not. A study by a sportswriter last year showed that, once signed to a fat ($$) contract,  the production of top RB's Decreases the following season.