promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationInsurance & Registration · 2 months ago

Driving with personally made temporary tags?

So I live in Louisiana and purchased a car in full cash in Texas. The dealer has yet to send plates or respond to calls. My tags expire today and the DMVs are closed. I want to know will it matter if I use this website to custom make my temporary tag just to extend the date? I’m keeping the same ID number and everything on it, just changing th date? What will happen?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • May
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

You cannot legally make or use a "homemade" license plate.

What will happen can only be known by asking a psychic or doing the illegal act and getting stopped .  THEN you will know "what happened".

They walk among us.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

This website doesn't have the authority to extend the expiry date on anyone's temp tags, not in Louisiana or anywhere else.  Only the DMV can do that.

What will happen depends entirely on whether or not you get stopped by a cop.

• Erik
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Nothing will happen... unless you get pulled over.  It reminds me of last summer, when my car wouldn't pass smog, and I wasn't sure what the problem was, and couldn't afford it if I did.  So I was driving around with last year's sticker on my plate.  I got pulled over a few times, but after I explained my situation, and the cop ran my license, he always let me go.  That WOULD NOT have happened had I altered my sticker, I guarantee it.  So my advice to you is to get it taken care of ASAP, but don't do anything illegal.  If you do get pulled over for it, they realize the problems that everyone is going through right now, and they will probably give you a break.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

< if I use this website to custom make my temporary tag >

What website?  if you are essentially creating your own temporary tag, you can get in trouble.  Just don't get stopped where they likely will run the tag and find the dates don't match.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • car253
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Call your local police department and ask them.    There are a lot of things you can do online.   https://dps.expresslane.org/vehicleregistration

• car253
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

http://www.dps.louisiana.gov/autotitle.nsf

• Scott
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You will be driving with fictitious plates. Your can can be impounded for that.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Jail time and your car can be impounded.

• Mandy
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Ya’ know, I don’t care what will happen. 

• Erik
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

then why answer?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.