promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Dofie asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 2 months ago

How to recover a computer from a non-MS Genuine Operating System virus?

So my friend downloaded Windows 10 on his PC via pirating it without realizing it wouldn't enter the login screen due to it being a virus. How do you recover the computer to its original operating system?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • keerok
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

That's not a virus. It's a warning telling you your copy of windows is illegal. To stop seeing it, purchase a valid license from ms.

There may actually be viruses in the illegally downloaded installer and the only solution is to buy a legitimate installer from ms.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Lv 7
    2 months ago

you need to install it using an official OS disc.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/...

• Adrian
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Only sure way is to recovery from your backups, if any were ever done. Otherwise, you may be able to do a factory restore, if the system still has a recovery partition. A factory restore will blow everything away, resetting the PC back to the day it was bought.

Other option is to see if the vendor of the PC has a recovery media of some sort that you can download and put on a bootable media like a USB stick.

• 2 months ago

I've never heard of a virus posing as an operating system.  I think you've made an error installing it.

Either way, download windows 10 onto a usb stick (use microsoft media creation tool) and reinstall it.

If you want windows 7 back then that's a little trickier.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

It's called a System Restore. But if he reformatted the hard drive I doubt it would work. He probably would be better off taking it to a competent computer repair service rather than attempt anything himself so he can recover the data that was originally on the computer.

• 2 months ago

In order to recover the original operating system, you get the original disks that uploaded the operating system, then put in the code that shows that you purchased the operating system.   Also if your friend, performed a back up prior to the conversion, he would be able to just upload the backup.  However since he decided on pirating windows 10, instead of using the free upgrade from microsoft, he probably does not have a backup either.  Please dont let this friend try to fix your computer when it needs repair.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.