Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsWinter SportsIce Skating · 3 months ago

Ice skates to roller blades?

Is the transition hard to go from figure skates into roller blades?? Pic skates are too expensive and I don’t have another pair of boots to put them on. But if the change will make me feel like I’m in hockey skates, I can’t do that either. I’ve been using toe picks for 40 years

• Favorite Answer

Never worn figure skates (worn hockey skates for 40 years). When I used in-line hockey skates the biggest change was the lack of edges in the blade (it causes all kinds of issues for people going from in-line skates to ice skates) as wheels don't have edges.

Easy when you are young. Not so easy later. I went from roller to ice skates once & it was really hard. 

No it is not hard.  So you have been using a toe pick on your ice skates, so what?  Your not on ice, when you use roller blades.  Your also not going to do a toe loop,  triple toe, camel spin lutz, or axle on roller blades. Your only using them to move forward and keep your legs in shape.  You also don't use your toe pick to move forward either on ice skates.  Your doing side to side like skating or skiing.  So just start out on a flat street or skate ring, and give it a try. After 40 years, it might be time to learn something new. Good luck.