promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
?
Lv 4
? asked in Home & GardenOther - Home & Garden · 2 months ago

Is it normal to be paying £42 per month in water rates, just for use of cold water?

Update:

Americans please note the £ and realise I am not in the US

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

No, that's very high. If you're on a meter though it will depend on how much you use.  We use nowhere near as much as that, but then we don't water the garden, use sprinklers etc. (It rains enough here (!), and we collect it in butts for any garden use).  You might perhaps have a leak your side of the meter - try ensuring all your taps, toilet flush etc aren't running and then see if the meter is still turning.  If it is, you have a leak.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • F
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

That’s just over £1 a day for clean safe running  water and taking away dirty water including sewage. Ever been camping, collect water from a stand pipe , walking 100yards + to the toilet etc . But if a bargain eh?

• 2 months ago

I pay about the same here in the US. I wouldn't complain.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Then talk to a neighbor in a house LIKE YOURS WITH A YARD LIKE YOURS. Ask them.  They would like to know that too by comparing the rate you pay to what they pay. Also understand this cold water is also the lawn sprinklers, the watering of the garden, the filling of the moat.(I realize you are British and ya all got moats, right?) and the number of laundry loads you do per week...and the number in the household as related to how many baths/showers/ & schits (as each flush uses water.)  I figure with the amount of rain you get, there is little need to water the lawn...or garden.

That is the most accurate way you can find out as the person you do run into most likely is on the same water utility as you so the rate cost is the same.

• ...Show all comments
    • Snezzy
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

As for the rain, the Queen, who was born in April, celebrates her birthday in June. Slightly smaller chance of rain then.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

The first $15 is to pay fees for the company anota Lil fizz dehari and, so if you minus that $15 from the 42 you will be paying$27 per month for water age

• PAMELA
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No, check with the water supplier.

• 2 months ago

It sounds about right. Producing clean safe potable water isn't done for free.

• 2 months ago

The charge is for water usage, regardless of heating - AND sewage.

If you are a home owner, a fitted water meter may be cheaper, if you do not use too much water.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

you are paying more then twice what i am and i'm paying sewerage fees too.

you are getting ripped off.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Hard to say. If you are keeping a pet manatee it is probably cheap. What you need is a smart meter, unless you really do have a manatee.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.