Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysRamadan · 2 months ago

Do you think it’s possible for someone to hate Islam and be honest about their views but still be friends with someone who is a Muslim ?

Basically can an anti Islamic person and a Muslim agree to disagree on religious views? Or will there always be animosity and a silent judging of one another with each having a feeling of superiority to the point you can never consider them as an equal or friend? 

When both of them have mutual interest on various issues especially on Economic. For instance certain country wanted to manipulate oil from another oil production country . Both country may be enmity in their differences of their religious believe but become friends in their worldly interest. The fact is obvious in our present world political issue.

Yeah if you don't talk religion or politics. One of the best men I know is a Muslim I used to work with. He was like an angel great person but I still hate his religion. I respected him enough for it not to be brought up. It happens when you respect the individual more than you dislike Islam.

• Mintee

well you might not be a charm either.. its quite possible for that muslim to be patient to the person who is a bigot and hates him,, He might be very patient to that person...

• Absolutely.

But it really depends on how seriously someone takes their religion.

I know guys who will hate you based on your hockey team, but I knew plenty of hockey fans who will befriend fans of their rival teams. Some people are madly into it, and have no room in their life for people who don't fit into the scope of their limited spectrum of what's acceptable.

You don't like "complete idiots," do you? That's what non-believers are to some people. They genuinely get irked by their disbelief or belief in something else.

A Christian, for example, might say, "I love everyone." Another Christian, however, might say, "be ye not equally yoked with unbelievers."