promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 2 months ago

I’m going to a wedding, I don’t know what to gift?

It’s my cousins wedding, I am not to close to my cousin but him and his fiancé are getting married. I haven’t been to a wedding in quite a while, I’m just wondering an appropriate gift budget and some ideas for the soon to be wed couple.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Search Amazon for the most highly rated pair of scissors. No one has any good scissors. Other good ideas are oversized salt and pepper shakers to keep on or near the stove; a roasting pan with a lid and a rack; a really excellent (again, check Amazon) vegetable peeler. Vegetable peelers are such a crapshoot. It’s best to get one that other people have rated highly. Another idea is an excellent flashlight. These are all things you don’t think of when you are young. As for the budget, I keep wedding gifts to around $100, but the couple have no business having any particular expectations. Spend only 50 or 25 if that’s all you can afford. Supposedly they are inviting you because they want your company, and you are giving them a gift because you wish to honor their union. There is no quid pro quo. Gifts should not be taken to the reception. They should be sent to the bride by the retailer.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Ask if they have a registry or go with a gift card to Macy's or home Depot if they own their home.

• Edna
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Hand the couple a check or a gift card for $100, and let it go at that. Don't bring a gift to the wedding ceremony or to the reception - someone would just have to lug it home. If you want to give them a wedding gift, have it delivered to the bride's home  or to the couple in advance of the wedding. Give them ANYTHING that they can use in their new home together. 

• L
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Call, your cousin, and ask what they need.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Cammie
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

A Ralph Lauren white cotton king sized blanket.It should cost about $100 .

• drip
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It is now common to give cash or a gift card at the wedding. My daughter got $10 to $300 from guests. No one wants to carry home gifts after the reception. If you want to give anything other than money, have it mailed directly to the couple.

• 2 months ago

How are you going to a wedding in the middle of a global pandemic?

• ...Show all comments
    • 2 months agoReport

The wedding is supposed to be November, of course it might have to be postponed, I was just thinking ahead.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

amazon gift card, done

• A
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

since they are going to have a ton of wedding and honeymoon pictures, how about a digital picture frame?

• 2 months ago

The budget is whatever you can comfortably afford and are happy to spend.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.