promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Damir asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 2 months ago

would you rather speak french or Spanish?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

That depends on the reason for learning a language. I learned French because I had no choice in the matter in school. However, it has come in handy in scientific reading and in communicating with people who did not speak English in Canada and in Yemen. It fell flat in Syria; neither of us could understand the other's accent. I speak almost no Spanish, although the few words I know once convinced some children in Panama that I was fluent until they unleashed a torrent of words and I replied with the one full sentence I know, "No hablo Espagnol."

• ...Show all comments
    • οικος
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Sorry, no ñ on my keyboard nor a number pad to use with the Alt key. Ya duz whatchu can with whatcha got.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

They are both very beautiful  languages..

Spanish is my native language and I certainly would like to learn french... however to me french doesn't sound like a "romance language" ..I see a lot of similarities when it comes to Spanish, Portuguese, italian, and catalan... but french doesn't sound like a romance language..

• 2 months ago

My first language was Greek and I speak Spanish.  I've had enough French to know I don't care for it.

• 2 months ago

I would rather speak the first language of the person I am talking to.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Zirp
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Questions about the answerer are not allowed on Y!A

In Spain and the Americas, Spanish is bigger

In most of the rest of the world, French is bigger

• 2 months ago

It depends on people INDIVIDUALLY ( since nobody has the same projects ). For example for me who is a native French person, it is obvious French is very more useful.. Anyway I learned English ( and still do it). Not Spanish although I go there now and then and too, I live very near this country ( South west France)..

• 2 months ago

Spanish is more useful.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Spanish. However, by reciting the rosary every day with care and sincerity, a person can better speak the language of universal Christian love! :)

• finc2 months agoReport

aguante Jake! beautiful answer! who cares about the haters who have thumbed down your answer? yes, spanish is a beautiful language and I also love the rosary. 

• 2 months ago

Spanish. It would be much more use to me.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

spanish would be alot more useful considering I live in america

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.