Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRap and Hip-Hop · 2 months ago

Why do people hate Kanye West?

Personally and musically 

I mean, I’m no rap fan either, but why all the hate towards him? 

• Kev

Because he is so arrogant and overrated

He brought a lot of heat on himself for his incident with Taylor Swift, a while back, which is the only major thing I'm aware of.  I don't have anything against the guy personally, and from what little of his music I've heard he's pretty good.  I don't follow rap and hip-hop much anymore, but I guess people dislike him because he's out-spoken and very opinionated, plus he's married to a Kardashian.  

I really like the message he's been putting out as of late.   

• Corny af and lame. Always has been

• Tochi

He’s a pop artist. He’s not dope, he’s weak as a producer, he doesn’t say anything dope while rapping. He hasn’t brought a new sound to hip hop or influenced any new rappers. He’s only impacted pop culture. He’s a pop artist. He has a few good songs off his first three albums with Graduation being his best album but overall Kanye is the epitome of pop garbage. 

• Mr.412

Kanye is like a socially awkward and hyper autistic kid in a class room of chilled out average Iq artists. You don’t wanna hate him but you have to since he never shuts up and just acts weird for attention. He progressively gets worse and worse. 

• Mr.412
      1 month agoReport

Please drink some chlorine and sit under UV lights. I’d like to see how it helps the immune system. 

Well for his personality it's pretty obvious, and musically we hate him because he just isn't as good as he's made out to be and his music is pretty basic and mediocre from a hip hop perspective. I mean, he uses ghostwriters, isn't that lyrical, is cringe-worthy and corny, weak on the mic and doesn't have bars, and his music is pretty basic, yet he acts like he is the best artist of all time and a genius. I think people who dislike artists like Kanye and Kendrick (at least this is how it is for me) dislike them so much because they are constantly shoved in our faces as the best, and people who have heard enough rap know there are much better rappers so we get easily frustrated.

• Kathy

Because he is full of himself.

• Lita

His arrogance. 

His sense of entitlement.

His offensive behavior. 

• Matt

Kanye comes across as narcissistic and usually interupts thing with his own rhetoric.

He says and does a lot of stupid things. To be fair, he is genuinely crazy (like, been committed).