promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
abdul
Lv 7
abdul asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 2 months ago

Will kimchi work with just plain green cabbage, or does it have to be napa cabbage?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

Sure. If you look it up you'll even find Korean recipes that call for "Western Cabbage"

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

of course it will.

Napa cabbage may be the cabbage that grew in Asian countries when kimchi was invented but cabbage is cabbage.

• 2 months ago

Either is fine.

Source(s): I had a Korean roommate in college that ate kimchi daily.
  • Kimchi will work with green cabbage as well as Napa...but do not eat too much, it is not good for your health. Just eat a little bit at a time so you will die slowly. K?

• abdul
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

That's not true. Kimchi is a fermented food that is very good for health. I have been eating it for many years. I just had never seen it made with our western style cabbage before.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 🦋
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

yes it works with both trust me ive had it and its delicious also green onions or radish or cucumbers

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Kimchi will work with green cabbage as well as Napa.

• 2 months ago

Yes, any well stocked kim chi shelf will have many many options from green cabbage to red radish to daikon and more.

• Alpha
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Kimchi will work with any vegetables. Korean Kimchi is not exclusively made with cabbage although that is the most common. There are dozens of varieties of Kimchi made with all sorts of vegetables such as radishes, ginger, garlic, bamboo shoots, onions, various types of roots, beets, and many others. I've even had one made with tomato although I didn't think it was good.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.