promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

How do insurance company find out about lies in policy?

How do insurance companies found out you have another child driving the car you insured?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Erik
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

They usually don't.  Maybe if the child is involved in an accident or gets a ticket.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

They have lots of ways, but their favourite (and most effective) is to wait for an accident to happen.  The truth always, always comes out after an accident happens.

First, they'll look at the details on the police report.  They'll also look at the details from the other insurance company's claim report.  They catch 90% of 'forgotten' drivers that way, and for the rest they just wait.  Because the truth always comes out after an accident.

People always have different priorities before and after the accident.  Before the accident, premium (what it costs) is the most important thing.  After the accident, getting the claim settled is the most important thing.  I've seen people busted by saying "if I knew it would be this much trouble I would have just added the kid to my policy" more than once.  I've even seen it where the kid calls the claims department and says "How long will this take, I really need the car for work".  Because people have different priorities before and after the accident.  That's why the truth always comes out.

• car253
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Great answer.  I have the same experiences.  

• 2 months ago

When/if the "child" wrecks or gets a citation, they will find out.

When/if that happens, you will be cancelled and won't be able to buy insurance.

Never lie to an insurance company....  NEVER !

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

When the uninsured child wrecks it, they won't pay.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Thru the DMV     

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

From the DMV.  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.