Why is my three year old daughter so mean to only one other child at daycare ?

My daughter goes to daycare with a handful of children and she gets along great with them except for one. The one she pushes around is very mellow and quiet and I’m disturbed by my child’s behavior. Today I picked her up and she was being very pleasant with the little girl but then they both wanted the same tricycle and as the other little girl got on my daughter knocked her off the tricycle. The sitter picked the other girl up and I picked up my daughter, but as I picked my daughter up she again tried to hit the other girl and continued to scream at her as we left. The sitter said that my daughter was sweet all day to this girl so why the bad behavior when I get there? My daughter is my only child and I wonder if she’s too spoiled by me. Perhaps the other girl is competition for the sitters attention? Any ideas or thoughts? 

Not sure WHY she's doing this , but she's still a young toddler yet .... Possibly when she becomes an older toddler around 7 years old her behavior will be modified .

• marty

Just a thought but...have you ever had a time that when you see a certain person you just automatically dislike them. You don't know why but there's just something there, like a feeling or something. You will be cordial with this person but it only takes one word or motion from that person to upset you. Adults have learned to control themselves so they won't physically fight, but children not so much. I would expect she won't act like this to any other person for quite some time,  if ever. We raised 4 girls and 3 boys but we never had this particular problem so I'm just giving you something to think about. You sound like a good concerned parent, that's rare these days, I'm sure you're raising her right and the problem isn't with you.