promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Travel Advice ?

I have family in the UK and with this covid-19 pandemic i was thinking of visiting them i do have a visitors visa valid for 2 years. My question is the immigration office in UK allowing visitors at this moment? Tried to call the embassy but cant get through 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Stay home. Even residents cannot visit relatives in their homes - "Under the restrictions, everybody must stay at home and only leave if they have a "reasonable excuse" which includes: to exercise - either alone, or with members of your household (guidelines suggest once a day, and in Wales that is the law)

shopping for basic necessities (the guidelines say this should be done as infrequently as possible)

any medical need, including to donate blood, avoid or escape risk of injury or harm, or to provide care or to help a vulnerable person

travel to or from work, but only when you cannot work from home

Other valid reasons include attending the funeral of a close family member, key workers taking children to childcare, and because of access arrangements for a child.

If you have to go outside you should stay more than 2m (6ft) apart from anyone other than members of your own household. This is what's known as social distancing"

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

Do not attempt to travel now. Don't be ridiculous! Stay home!

• Lisa A
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I can't think of anything more stupid at the moment than "with this covid-19 pandemic i was thinking of visiting".

This is when you stay home. This is not when you go visiting.

• 2 months ago

The UK appears to currently be allowing incoming flights.  If you live in a country where there are non-stop flights to the UK then you should be able to travel w/o problems.   However, the airline can advise you if it is practical. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Hi, no we're not letting anyone in that's not a UK national returning home unless it's an emergency.

If your family member is ill then you can come but you can't come just to say hello.  Is your country even allowing you to leave?  Best check that before anything else

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.