promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Is putting lemon slices in your plastic water bottle bad for you?

I have a gallon plastic water bottle that i put lemons in because i heard it is healthier for you. Someone told me it can cause cancer and when i looked it up i seen people talk about acidity. How bad is it really or is it just a myth?

Attachment image

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Possibility of cancer is from the bottle itself (read what it's made of), not the lemons.

That said you shouldn't choose a bottle due to appearance - You can probably find a

catchy slogan and/or schedule like thing on the internet and print it out, then glue on.

Unsqueezed lemons might add a little extra flavor to your water, juice will be stronger.

ps: Make sure to rinse bottle & let dry completely inbetween uses to prevent bacteria.

Source(s): 30+ years playing sports, and have probably used several hundreds of water bottles in the process.
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

Lemon slices in your plastic water bottle certainly won't cause cancer there is a chemical in lemons called limonene which is an anti-cancer it's found in lemon peels and orange peels and in grapefruit peels. The danger in putting fruit in your water bottle or anywhere is that you have cleaned your fruit off well to clean off any bacteria that can be on or in the fruit rind and a grow in your water bottle

• CB
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

If it is food grade plastic it will be fine. People are idiots and will make mountains out mole hills at every possible opportunity. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.