promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicTelevisionOther - Television · 2 months ago

Could a 16 year old play a 26 year old?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

It would be possible but difficult - 

Easier for a young looking 26 year old to portray a 16 year old who can reflect on their past.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • lkl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

With make up yes and if the body type, voice is right then it is possible to me.

• 2 months ago

Probably Unlikely Since most Don’t look like adults at 16

• 2 months ago

Unlikely.  At 16, while technically mature, the body is still changing.  Few men or women are done developing at that point.  A 16 year old would LOOK out of place as a 26 year old.  Now, Hollywood uses adults to play teenagers ALL THE TIME.  But look at those shows, those people don't look like teenagers all that much.  But they do it because the labor laws are easier, and those actors are more mature in their craft.  As long as the adult looks reasonable fresh faced, we buy in.  But because the opposite is uncommon in Hollywood, it would stand out and seem wrong.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Kathy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I doubt it very much.

• 2 months ago

It is not uncommon for actors to play roles that are not in their real age bracket.  Usually it is 26 year olds playing teenagers (think the show "Happy Days") rather then the other way.

It would be unusual for a show to cast a 16 year old to play an adult character because of legal limits on the actor being a minor.  It would limit how many hours the actor could work.  They would have to provide schooling for the actor.  They would have to pay an adult (usually their agent or parent) to be on set to chaperone them at all times.  So it would not make sense to hire a minor to pay an adult character.

Unless there was a reason why they would want an actor who ALSO could play the character at a younger age in some scenes, they are unlikely to cast a  minor.

Now, could a 16 year old actor have the talent (and maybe the looks) to paly a 26 year old?  Yes.  But state laws and union rules would probably prevent them being cast in that role.

• 2 months ago

Sure I don't see why not.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Well depends on the script details.

I mean, i think there's some conflict of legality and stuff if you were to say fall in love and need to kiss a person, if they're like 26 or even 30 thats problematic.

Depends on the setting (professional? Probably not, home made for fun? why the f not)You better be mature looking. Some older actors (20-30) can pull off a good looking young teenage look with effects make up etc. which sometimes works.A young person might just look like a baby-faced older person though. 

• 2 months ago

Yes, IF they look old enough and study the habits of most ppl in that age group. Many 16 year olds look older than they are and many 26 year olds look younger than they are; so there could definitely be some overlap. However, 26 is probably the cut-off age for a 16 year old actor! Anything older than that and they won’t be very believable!

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

sure............

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.