Is religion a cult and/or occult?

• Misty
    Favorite Answer

All religions are technically cults.

• Paul

Some of them are.

A cult is any organization where the leaders glorify the organization or themselves.

If the person doing the talking is constantly trying to get you to put your focus where it belongs; on Jesus... then no... it's not a cult.

Listen up; your life is on the line:

"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." That exclusive statement by Jesus rules out all man-made efforts to get to God, and therefore, ultimately, heaven.  The way to God is a PERSON, not a religion. 

"I am the way." 

"I am the door." 

"I am the gate." 

Test these claims Jesus made about Himself. He is the only way into God's Kingdom: Jesus is the one and only real-life PORTAL into this spiritual dimention... a fourth dimention.  His kingdom on earth. The cross is a spiritual 'black hole' for the world's sins, crimes and evil. Any organization that makes the (ridiculous) claim "You need Jesus PLUS US to get to heaven." is not from God. Jesus is all you will ever, ever need. 

"Come to me all you who are burdened and weary and I will give you rest for your souls. Take My yoke upon you; for My burden is easy, and My yoke is light." 

Do this and live.. Do it today. Tomorrow may be too late. 

Fanatical cults are a danger to innocent lives, and some fanatic cults abuse drugs and some carry weapons and do illegal things. Significantly, most of these people claimed to be Christians and professed belief in the Bible. Do you know of any religious leaders who approve of killing ones neighbor, who approve of immoral life styles in their churches.  They are being mislead by Satan the devil and his invisible demons (Revelations 12:7-12; 2 corinthians 4:4; Genesis 3; Matthew 4; Job 1,2; 1 John 5:19)

Understandably, many who respect the Bible as the Word of God are appalled at the brazen misuse of the Scriptures by these cults (2 Timothy 3:16,17; Matthew 5-7; 22:37-39)

What Is a Cult? And how the bible condemns this wicked Act?

What is a cult?

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1994120

How does God view wickedness?

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/wh...

• Kin

Neither, its neither. A true religion would NEVER be a cult or occult, a true religion has a belief system towards God and mine is the Monotheism of Prophet Abraham and the monotheism of all of the Prophets and the Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings be upon him, peace and blessings be upon them all and all belief in One God just as I believe in One God. 

google it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,