promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Alex asked in Arts & HumanitiesGenealogy · 2 months ago

Oldest surviving bloodline with known descendants?

Something along the lines of Japanese imerial family.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Alex Shoumatoff wrote his book, "The Mountain of Names", as an account of his global search for the living person with the longest documented pedigree.  As I recall his answer was some Spanish duchess with a handful of titles.

He found others with oral histories going back farther than that, but he was reluctant to count them without accompanying paperwork.

I recommend his book.  It sounds dry from my description, but it was actually quite captivating.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

This doesn't answer your question, but it is interesting.  There are only three British families that can trace their lineage and land ownership to before the Norman conquest.  They are the Swintons, the Ardens and the Berkeleys.  Actress Tilda Swinton is one of the Swintons.  Her family's land ownership came as a gift for military support against Macbeth (yes, that Macbeth) sometime around 1050 AD.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

the rare and great white ninja traces his heritage back to feudal imerial Japan 

Attachment image
    Source(s): White people behave yourself, you are not ethnic you look ridiculous
  • 2 months ago

British monarchy 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.