Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 10 months ago

Christians is the coronavirus a sign that we are living in the end times ?

What are your thoughts on the coronavirus making places shut down ? 

• Dave D
    Favorite Answer

There is a LOT of stuff happening right now that certainly could be an indication.  The virus is one... it looks like millions of people will die world wide and the disruption of the job market may be irreparable.  The various earthquakes and tsunamis that have killed hundreds of thousands.  The far more intense hurricanes and tornadoes caused by global warming.  The melting of the Ice Caps which will cause billions of refugees and completely disrupt virtually every government on the globe.  The long overdue eruption of the supervolcano beneath Yellowstone.  The shifting of the magnetic poles... when it settles the new magnetic North Pole will be somewhere in the Montana.area.  I am not sure what the serious affects of that may be other than completely changing compasses and navigation.  

I am of an age that most likely I will not live to see things get horribly worse, but my 31 year old daughter may see them, and almost certainly her children will. 

Depends. End times meaning this generation or that this  is one of the dominoes being stacked? I believe one of the dominoes being stacked. More importantly is an appointment that no man or woman will be late to or too early. It is an appointment that does not consider race, wealth or status. Hebrews 9:27...Death. You may die of Covid19 or all this worrying is for not because your appointment with death will be at a later time in your life. Rest assured a vaccination will be had for Covid19 but the virus every man and woman carry's is incurable and will lead to death. No amount of money, wisdom or wealth  has a cure. The incurable virus is called sin. There are 3 things God cannot do. One, He cannot lie.Titus 1:2 Two, God cannot change. He remains holy. Malachi 3:1 Three, God cannot let sinners into heaven.John 3:3-5 But the Bible has the ultimate good news: “Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners” (1 Timothy 1:15). Because of Christ, God can rightly call sinners justified (Romans 3:26). God has done what we could not do, and he has done what we didn’t deserve. I'm not asking you to give God a chance. That's bogus. What I am saying is, if you knew you were to die after reading this post, would you have the assurance, 100% complete confidence that God would accept you into His presence? If there is an ounce of guessing or wondering...stop and cry out for mercy. Pray the following; forgive me for offending you, forgive me not loving you and have mercy on me and make me yours. Help me to repent, change from living for myself to living to bring you honor and glory forever and ever. Amen. 

• Otto

Yes it is one of the sign that we are living in the "end times" . - Matthew  24,25; Luke 21; Mark 13 .

“Keep on the watch, therefore, because you do not know on what day your Lord is coming.” (Matthew 24:42) Jesus here encourages us not only to be watchful but to “keep on the watch.” To keep on the watch, we must remain alert and vigilant. This requires more than simply acknowledging that we are living in the last days, more than recognizing that times are hard. We must have firm conviction that “the end of all things has drawn close.” (1 Peter 4:7) Hence, the question that we must reflect on is: ‘What will help us to strengthen our conviction that the end is near?’

Source(s): Our Watchfulness Takes On Greater Urgency https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2003923?q=end+...

Luke 21:11 says: "There will be great earthquakes, and in one place after another food shortages and pestilences; and there will be fearful sights and from heaven great signs."

• ?

Well it sure is unprecedented, but actually the end times began when Christ came to this earth 2000 years ago because even then, He said the harvest was white and ready to be brought in (John 4:35) so, Jesus told us then to pray the Lord of the Harvest (Luke 10:2, Matt 9:38 etc) to send out Labourers into His harvest field.  That's why the disciples got so many folks saved in the book of Acts because they had received the gift of the Holy Spirit who is Lord of the Harvest and they laboured earnestly, long and hard in God's harvest field and in some instances when Peter preached for example, 5000 people were saved in one day - that's a true Harvest of souls.

Now we are living in the LAST of the last days I would think.  Once the gospel of the kingdom has been preached in all the world for a witness to all nations, then the end will come (Matthew 24:14).  I did hear THE FOLLOWING WORDS in my heart the other day, the words were - "Distress of nations" and I recognized the phrase instantly as a Bible verse.  So I looked it up - it was in Luke and it actually said, "Distress of nations with perplexity" (Luke 21:25). Well everyone is distressed and the Governments are sure perplexed - not knowing quite how to cope with all this.  If you want to look up that passage, it's only about 4 verses from verse 25 - 28 which says things like "Men's hearts failing them through fear" and ends with "Then shall they see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with great power and glory" (Luke 21:28), so we could very well be living at the end.  It's certainly not a time to be out of step with our Creator.  If you are a Christian make sure you have repented for anything you regret thinking, saying or doing wrong because we don't want to be found wanting when He comes. We want Jesus to receive us into heaven to be with Him for eternity and to say to us, "Well done thou good and faithful servant, enter into the joy of the Lord"

• Child

That's what they thought in 1918 but the world survived. The world will survive this, too. So we are not living in the end times, pandemics come and go every hundred years or so.

Atheists are scared. They're running to churches in droves right now.

I believe it to be so.