promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 2 months ago

In The Air Force how long does it normally take to rank up ? ?

If I’m coming in with only a high school diploma how long would it take me to rank up to an E2 E3 E4 and so on .. 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Do they still have Below the Zone? (BtZ) anymore to make Sr. Airmen methinks? Rusty and yeah. So long, that if they wanted to. "They" can't bring me back. Retired and done. Thanks for not asking? From what I remember. Rank progression is comparable to the Navy. Can't this be looked up easily? Like such is really OPSEC in violation? The great thing in comparison to the other military branches. Army or even the Marines?

Rank progression maybe slower, but it takes a true ****** up! to lose your stripes and pay. Others, it's like Velcro?

Source(s): Not my first rodeo; SAVVY?
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

If you are lucky and keep doing your job, you would probably be an E-4 at the end of four years. Anything above that is subject to duty performance, testing and evaluations.

• 2 months ago

what does rank up mean? you plan on not taking a bath and getting stinky?

its pretty much the same for everyone

6 months as an E-1 to be promoted to E-2

10 months as an E-2 to be promoted to E-3

3 years time in service or 28 months as an E-3 to be promoted to E-4

• 2 months ago

"Ranking up" only happens in video games.  Getting promoted depends on time, your abilities, and vacancies in the next rank.  It differs by country, but, in Canada, it is 4 years to Corporal (E4), if you have met the requirements.  Going on from there varies a lot.  The minimum to Master Corporal (E5) is 2 years as a corporal, but, it can take much longer, and some finish their 20-year careers as a Corporal.  In the USA, it is different, but, it is still a much slower progression than many seem to think, and it depends a lot on the person's capabilities.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Mrsjvb
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

ranking up is for video games.

to advance paygrade in the military, there are mandatory minimum time in grade and time-in-service requirements.  

E1-E2 is typically  6-9 months

E2-E3 is 9-12 months.

E3 and up has additional requirements such as testing, training and qualifying in your AFSC

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

There is no such thing as "rank up" in the military.

• Albert
      Lv 5
      2 months agoReport

Thank you Captain Oblivious in just copying what others may already beat you to it? The thing is. Your epic fail to not adapt is.. Is it proof of you vast intellect?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.