Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 2 months ago

What kinds of recipes go with mushrooms?

What can I make, that includes mushrooms?

Thanks for the answers and yes, mushrooms are the main ingredient.

Just remember that I’m asking for RECIPES, not rude and invalidated opinions. 

Favorite Answer

You can add mushrooms to almost any item. Stews, soups, Beef  roast, Omelet,

onions and mushrooms and I could go on almost forever.

• denise

A vegetarian 'Mushroom Wellington', using large [portabello] mushrooms, their ideal for individual ones.

These mushrooms sauted in garlic butter, make a delicious meat free 'burger' sandwich.

When I'm stuck for a side dish to go with chops,  steak,  meat loaf e.t.c, I saute chopped mushrooms & sliced onions in a herby butter.

WOW! There must be LOADS of them darlin, here 29 for you to ponder over.

.

https://www.seriouseats.com/roundups/mushroom-reci... 

The best thing I can think of is cream of mushroom soup. I love that stuff. You can also saute them with onions and garlic and use that as a side with a protein, they are really good in a stir fry or in chilli, although I don't think mushrooms are authentic to chilli, they are awesome in a salad and are really good in an omelet with onions and peppers.

• Anton

Why I do my own shopping:  I went on-line because of covid-19, wanted mushrooms, Sprouts said 1/4 pound batches of the loose mushrooms, I asked for 4 batches (one pound), buyer got me four of one pound packages.  I am using up making (for for three adults):

Stroganoff, 3/4#

Pizza, 1/4#

Pork chops on Garlic Mushroom sauce, 3/4#

Chicken Ratatouille, 1/2#

Beef stew, 1/4#

Jaegerschnitzel with Spaetzle:  3/4#

Chicken Marsala, 1/4#

Alice Springs Chicken, 1/2#, if I had some bacon

Steaks, 3/4#, if I had steaks in the freezer.

• Lv 6

Thank you!

Soup .

Mushrooms can go with almost anything. You can stir fry them with broccoli and chicken or beef. You can sweat them with onions and peppers. You can put them with baked chicken to add a rich, buttery/earthy flavor to the broth and chomp on whole. You can bread, fry, stuff the caps with sour cream and top with a cheese sauce. They can play with the diced cheddar chunks in a salad, any kind of salad, or you can put them on a cheese and mustard sandwich like George Washington did. They say cheese and "ketchup" but it was a mushroom based vinegar emulsion at that time. Not tomato although that sandwich is great with tomato soup too.

• Snails and mushrooms in traditional garlic-parsley snail butter. They are both from the earth and very earthy tasting so they go really well together.

• 🦋

ewwwww thats so gross no thanks

Stuffed mushrooms  

Mushroom medley. Just take a bunch of different mushrooms and add some oil, garlic, and cook them until they’re soft. 

Mushroom ragu. Marinara with mushrooms. 

Topping for a steak. Mushrooms, onions, oil, garlic, chopped parsley. Add cream if you want it richer.