Should people suffering from Chronic pain be allowed assisted suicide? ?

If I put money towards assisted suicide, where would that money go? 

Would it not be ethical to put myself out of misery and put my money towards something good? I don't know, suicide alone might be seen as selfish. 

Favorite Answer

I strongly believe that our lives belong to us and we may dispose of them however we like (so long as we're of age and in our right minds).

What I worry about (and apparently a lot of people do) is that the old and sick will be convinced by others that this is the only responsible approach because their lives are worthless.  That euthanasia will be substituted for suicide.

I tend to think it wouldn't be hard to put controls in place for this.  But I'm not really sure, actually!  If you had some terrible disabling disease that caused your family a lot of inconvenience, they might team up to persuade you that you should end your life.  You might even think it was your decision!  That happens a lot!

But I'd still go for allowing assisted suicide.

• Paige2 months agoReport

Yes, I agree. It gets tricky when criminal situations take place where someone could be coerced into saying they want assisted suicide or whatever. Of course there are ways to watch for this and get around it, but it remains something that people need to consider.

Actually stuff in violation of public policy is unenforceable. Think about the words.

Should people suffering from Chronic pain be allowed assisted suicide? Yes.