Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsAlternativeParanormal Phenomena · 2 months ago

Ever used an Ouija board? If so share your experiences?

no I have not ever

• Megumi

I have tried it a few times. My close friends and I receive no coherent answers. The ideomotor effect explains how it works. Having it contact demons and spirits is a rather recent invention. Some older people never heard such tales. 

As a child about 13, I would often spend my nights at a pals house next door when his parents were out. One night we set out pieces of paper with all the letters and yes no on a coffee table. My pal did the talking and just like the kids we were, we were asking for Hitler, Jack the Ripper, in fact, anybody who was infamous. Nothing happened on the table, no glass movement what so ever. We kept it up for a while but nothing. Suddenly, a picture that had always been in the same place on the wall for as long as I remember, chose that moment to come crashing down. The glass shattered and the frame broke. I don't think it had any value other than personal. 

We both got a hell of a fright so got rid of the paper letters and put the glass away before the parents came home. After looking back at that night, my pal realised that things soon started to go bad in the house directly after our session. His parents began to argue on a regular basis. First, his mum lost her job, then his father lost his job also. His mum eventually left home and started seeing another guy and his father's health began to deteriorate. His dad lived for many years but his health never returned. It could well be all coincidence but his family life changed within just a couple of days of messing around with the board. Also, after all those years, the pic chose to come off the wall during an ouija session? Strange! 

Try it a few times. I get no coherent answers when my lover and I use it. Nothing weird occur. 

• Dr. NG

Many times and what fun we have with my Genuine Hasbro Ouija. A million laughs at least over the years. We used them as silly person detectors. Get someone silly, tell them a spooky line of ouijaspeak and they are set up. By the time you're done the silly person is nervous, scared and set up for a teachable moment. 

Show them how easily they were fooled and how silly it was to be afraid of a board game. It's fun and public service as many will come out of the session less gullible than they went in. Many go on to think critically about similar paranormal woo wooisms and become critical thinkers.

• Mr. P

My partner used one in her teenage years. Was possessed, picked up and threw someone against a wall sideways. Had to get help.

- Still possessed, but is not as powerful. Just takes over now and then, so I have to deal with it when that happens. - Completely different person like split personalities. 

Also when stressed she has some freaky effects too on mostly electrical items like lighting.

no, and i wouldnt want to use one either, theyre evil

• Garrett

My mother and brother used one for years and never claimed to contact demons and spirits. Poor Little Pearl L is so gullible. I inform her that she is wrong. Ouija boards are just toys. If they were actually dangerous, they would not be sold at toy stores. 

I have used a ouija board with my smootchy honeybuns English Guy, at first he refused to play, he wouldn't admit it but I could see that he was very scared of my little toy, however after six pints of ale he had a surge of dutch courage and eventually agreed.

We put our fingers on the planchette and nothing much happened, I said loudly "Are there any spirits present today?" ....... no apparently not, but I didn't want to waste this experience so I pushed it towards the YES. Then I asked who was present, B E L I A L  My honeybuns eyes were like saucers by now and I think he was trembling a little. Finally I pushed to spell "Im coming for you Mick". 

Terrified he jumped up and ran out of the room, I think he even wet himself (literally) I have never seen so goddamn funny. My smootchy one likes to imagine that he is very clever but really he is ridiculously easy to trick!

• Garrett

Ha ha ha, I would love to see that! 

no, and i dont want to

Don't mess with demonic spirits.