Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsRespiratory Diseases · 2 months ago

could my mom be having the Coronavirus?

She’s in her mid 40s and has been vomiting since last night. No shortness of breath or trouble breathing though. She’s also tired.

There’s also flu going around. Maybe you could get her some “activated charcoal” capsules at Walmarts or the drugstore or supermarket supplement aisle  which are good for people who have ingested something which is making them sick. If it was something that she ate for example. I always keep some on hand in case I get some kind of stomach problem. You can take a bunch of them and drink a glass of water with them and they are really harmless, you can’t overdose on them and they can’t hurt you but they can help you. They just make your poop black afterwards but that’s normal. They use activated charcoal in hospitals sometimes with people who have accidentally poisoned themselves even

This is a question a medical professional should answer. However, I thought I had a sinus infection and my doctor said "the main virus going around right now is covid 19, and your sinuses are part of your respiratory tract", and based on having that one symptom alone she told me I had to isolate myself because there was a significant chance I had it. Flu symptoms mean your mom has a virus, and if there are few other viruses going around right now it is possible. Can you make a phone appointment with a doctor?

It doesn't sound like COVID-19, she's be coughing. 

Look up the symptoms, not from those symptoms you described. How is she now, how's her taste? 

its a possibility; though thats not to say that vomiting is related to the coronavirus.

• JP.2 months agoReport

b some people have weak stomachs, anytime a bug hits them there stomachs let them know about it! regarless if it is a stomach bug or not! Mucus running down ones throat sets some off!

maybe its a pandemic time go to the doctors

She may have the flu or food piosoning but it doesnt sound the coronavirus or she may be pregnant and getting morning sickness 

• candy42 months agoReport

JP.,  just so you know they aren't testing everyone unless they have the symptoms according to the CDC website, or has a severe case.  She should call her provider first to ask what she should do.  

• Tulip

Obviously not..........

• JP.2 months agoReport

Tulip, why is that? There has been cases with those who have the virus that has had Diarrhea and Vomiting! So, sorry, it is possible!

• Marc

No. Vomiting is not part of the corona virus

• JP.2 months agoReport

Sorry , but Diarrhea and Vomiting has been the case with some who have contracted the virus! People are dif, just like this virus will hit some that it won't even affect nor will they know they  have it, just like those that gets the flu! some on death bed, while others are oblivious they have it!

Could also be the norovirus. I had it a few years ago. Lots of vomiting. 

If she gets a fever that’s when you should call the doctor to seek advice.