promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Do you think time travel will ever be possible?

I want to go back to the time my mom was pregnant with me, do you think it will ever be possible 

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Physical time travel? No, it is not possible, within the Laws of this universe at least. It may be possible to VIEW other times and eras remotely, perhaps even project your soul or consciousness there for limited periods of time, but only as an observer.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

no. The second time travel is invented the world as we know it will cease to exist because someone will undoubtedly use it to go back in time and mess up something important.

• Terry
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

I have thought that the UFO`s might be time travelers from the future. That would be why they seem to avoid contact and are secretive. If they exist that is.

• 2 months ago

No, because time is not a dimension, it's a measurement unit and it exists only on math paper, not in the real world.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Not as you are thinking, otherwise you could change things that previously happened. There is no evidence of that happening/people appearing from nowhere.

• 2 months ago

Depends on what you call time travel. Jumping into some weird time machine, no that's just stupidity, passing through space taking advantage of how space works, now that's something I'd like to be possible, but in itself would still be a feat.

• 2 months ago

I tend to think it will never be possible. Because if it becomes possible at sometime in the future, we'd see people coming back from the future!

In some sci-fi time travel stories, people can go back to the past but they can't change anything.  They can't be seen, or interact with people because they're not really 'there'.  Like Scrooge when he visits his own past with the Ghost of Christmas Past.  At least that's not inconsistent with what we see ourselves. There MIGHT be visitors from the future, or aliens from other galaxies, or 'spirits' watching us, but we don't see them or any evidence of them.

• 2 months ago

Time is a dimension of the universe. We pass through it at what appears to be a uniform rate. It may be possible to travel backwards or forwards through time, but it would not be possible to take our own time environment with us. It would be more like a fast forward and reverse control. If we went back 5 years, we would be ourselves 5 years younger with no recollection of anything that happened in the 5 years which would then be in the future. If we went forward 5 years, we would be 5 years older with our memory filled in for the intervening years. In fact, we could travel backwards and forwards through time without ever realising it - perhaps we already do.

• God
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

If time travel were possible then where are they?  There isn't now or has there ever been anyone claiming to be from the future.  So either time travel is impossible or we blow ourselves up before it is developed.

• 2 months ago

Possibly into the future but not into the past. If it were possible into the past, we would know about visitors from the future. We don't so there have been none. At least none who interacted in any way with people in the past.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.