Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

Do you ever feel like certain family members or friends are energy vampires or is there no such thing?

I feel like some people, I avoid talking to on the phone just drain all my energy for the day. Even a parent.

yes, i know people like that too

Definitely. My ex boyfriend's stepfather was absolutely exhausting to be around. It got to the point where I'd have to go to the bathroom and take 5 minute power naps whenever we went to visit him and my ex's mother.

He and my ex are the only two people I don't miss from that family. ;)

Sure.  They are so obvious and that is a good thing because it makes it easy to avoid them.  Don't let them bait you into getting your energy zapped.

Yep they can be. I think sometimes they notice a relative is happier than they are and for some reason beyond me they don't like it. Never understood it, probably never will.

Yes that's why I prefer to text.

• Ian

The problem is the mental processing power you consume on THEIR behalf. YOU need to change how YOU view your relationships with these people. Only YOU can change how YOU feel.