Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsHeart Diseases · 2 months ago

Question About Heart Health?

I've been having chest pain for more than a year. I had 6 ecgs and an ultrasound of my heart a 3 years ago. I have seen a cardiologist about a year and 5 months ago and she believes that my chest pain is a muscuosekeltal problem. My family doctor also told me that my heart was fine before I visited the cardiologist. Am I worrying about nothing? I also have high cholesterol but I am taking Lipitor for it. I am 22 years old so should I be worried? My doctor also thinks I have anxiety. I also check my blood pressure daily and the results for my blood test are always normal and if something did come up my cardiologist would've seen it when she got my blood test results. She performed an ecg right then and there and she said it was normal. Am I freaking out over nothing.

• Mike G
    Favorite Answer

It's your head that's the problem,  not your heart. 

How high is your cholesterol?  If it's under 200, most doctors nowadays believe that is a good number and you shouldn't be taking statins, like Lipitor.  Your doctor may be archaic and think that your cholesterol should be around 120 or less, but that's dangerously low.  Doctors now realize that your body needs cholesterol to repair itself.  I recommend you educate yourself by going to youtube and searching for DR BERG CHOLESTEROL and watch some of his videos.  

There is a lot you can do to improve your heart function through nutrition.  Go to youtube and search for DR BERG HEART.  He has an interesting video or several on heart function and how nutritional (vitamins and electrolytes) deficiencies can affect your heart performance.  You might also visit a chiropractor to see if your problem really is skeletal.  They can fix a lot.  Back aches and chest pains can be caused by pinched nerves in the spine.

Go on a high-antioxidant plant based diet.