JBL Partybox 100 vs Soundcore Rave ?

I need a good speaker for the summer hopefully if everything gets better. Have a large backyard, pool and need a speaker that will fill up the backyard. Anyone use either one and which do you recommend?

• Newton

You are not going to get good sound out of a cheap pair of speakers that also has built-in amplifiers. If you must have blue tooth speakers, get the JBL Partybox. However, you can actually get better sound for less money if you get regular speakers and a separate amplifier and wire them together using speaker wires. Your amplifier should provide at least 50 watts. That should give you pretty good sound volume.

Since you are setting it up near the pool, there is the very real danger of electrocution should an electrical device falls into the pool if it is powered by household current. The Blue tooth speakers are safer, but you may get frustrated when it stops playing because it runs out of battery power. One good way to set things up is to keep the amplifier inside the house and get long enough speaker wires to connect them to the speakers in the backyard. if the amplifier is outside, then make sure it is located far from the pool and securely placed so it would not fall into the pool. JBL is a company with a long history of making good speakers. It also makes Infinity speakers, a brand it acquired a while back. You may consider Infinity or polk speakers also as these are good brands that will give you good sound. Make sure the amplifier you have or will buy can handle the speakers you buy. Some speakers have low impedance, and they require amplifiers that have high current output at low impedances.

No contest in my mind.

Go for the JBL.

• Lance

I have not heard either but I do have a smaller Soundcore speaker. I was looking at the specs and they seem to be pretty evenly matched...They weigh about the same have a similar driver set up; Wattage output is also closely matched.... The ''JBL Partyspeaker is slightly larger in size which might mean better bass output but the difference might not be significant either...You could probably go either way;and get good volume....Its a tough call...I might go with the Soundcore for price but again with the JBL you might be getting a better warranty or possibly JBL's legacy might be important to you...Also bass output might be slightly better...