promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

Are we living in the biblical end times?

coronavirus, wildfires, large swarms of locust... Will the anti christ come soon? There have already been false prophets. No one knows when Jesus will return, but do you think it will be this year? 

Atheists who are so obsessed with God: No negative comments for once please. 

60 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

2 Peter 3:3-4

For YOU know this first, that in the last days there will come ridiculers with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires and saying: “Where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep [in death], all things are continuing exactly as from creation’s beginning.”

These ridiculers are WRONG.  Jesus said:

Luke 21:10, 11    10 Then he said to them: “Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. 11 There will be great earthquakes, and in one place after another food shortages and pestilences; and there will be fearful sights and from heaven great signs."

This is part of the composite sign of the time of the end. Notice it includes pestilences.  We have had many serious in the past hundred years, starting with the Spanish flu that killed 50 million people worldwide, and H1N1, and Ebola, and many more.  The coronavirus may be one of the worst, and it may not be the last.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • AgProv
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

The Universe has been here for fourteen billion years and this planet for four and a half billion... and God chooses now to hit the button? Human history can end, certainly, but the universe will keep on going.

• ...Show all comments
    • Roberta B
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

4 And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”
      Revelation 21:3-4  So God has a purpose for humankind.

• 2 months ago

Yes! I seen way to many movies, and see so much in my life.  Been there and don that, and with everything else going on in my life.  Its so nice to be apart of the team@

• 2 months ago

Well, most of the things that Yeshua said about the end times have happened all through history. Wars and rumors of wars. Earthquakes in various places. False prophets and so on. Scripture even tells us that all things will continue as normal until the terrible Day of the Lord comes. I think His point was illustrating that it will come like a "thief in the night" and nobody will be expecting it when it happens.

• Justin
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Actually, He said that all of these 'typical' human tribulations would become 'great tribulations,' mimicking a woman in labor, becoming more intense and closer and closer together. Daniel ties this directly to the great advance of knowledge and travel, (Daniel 12:4). 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Yes, we are.

I don't know how soon the Antichrist will make his appearance. I personally believe that Christ will make his public return in from seven to 30 years.

No, not this year.

• 2 months ago

Here's my atheistic, positive comment:  You need to educate yourself.  History did not begin on the day you were born.  Ever hear of the Plague of Athens or the Plague of Justinian or the Spanish flu of 1918?  The bubonic plague in the 14th century killed an estimated 50 million people.

• 2 months ago

YES we are... but if a thousand years is one day, there's going to be a lot of suffering and testing times. As you say, no-one knows the hour.. we just know it WILL come

• ...Show all comments
    • Don't be caught napping. Mark 13. .. ..Darkness already prowls the world in many forms, it's not to be supposed that evil will come in human form, more likely our thoughts and consequently our actions will be manipulated and tested. 

• 2 months ago

No.........................

• Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Juli, I'm scared.
      No, not from the end times...
      These p-p-p-p-people!Are you seeing what they're saying?!
      *teeth chatter*

• 2 months ago

Depends on your definition of end times: @1000 years left.

• Bill B
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

No, we are not living in Biblical end times.

And, no "the antichrist" will not come soon because there is no "the" antichrist. 

The Bible mentions antichrist in exactly four verses, all in the Epistles of John: 1 John 2:18, 1 John 2:22, 1 John 4:3, and 2 John 1:7. In ALL contexts "antichrist" means someone who opposes the message of Christ and in no sense is it intended to represent a single person who will unite the entire world and wreak havoc.

The Beast mentioned in Revelation =/= the antichrist.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.