promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous

Why do some people sound like robots ?

You can ask them a question say 

Hello sir how do you like your steak

“ Yea um I like my steak medium rare yes mm mm with A1 sauce.” Legitimately how one guy answered my question. He has always ever since I knew him everything he said sounds scripted and robotic. He always talks in the same repetitive patterns. I know multiple people like this and I am curious to why some people sound like this. Is it learned or are they always like this? I am not being mean or anything I like these people but I am just curious to why they sound robotic and scripted when they talk. It’s like their a computer. 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

There ARE people whose range of emotional expression (which is called their affect - pronounced "AF-ect") is very limited.  That can be due to their genes (usually) or their upbringing (in a few cases).

BUT there is also social conditioning, which means the adoption of a trend among adolescent peer-groups.  You might notice from watching interviews with young sports team members that they ALL respond to reporters in the same flat, monotone, slightly rushed voice, using standardized phrases that they cut & paste into their answer according to whether they won or lost.  That's a great example of how this sort of thing can be LEARNED, as opposed to genetic.  Among some Gen X American teens, it was trendy to speak in a hushed, very fast monotone - which many have carried into adulthood.  Among others, the "Valley Girl" pattern of upspeak and "like" was trendy.  Gen X hipsters also learned a trend for how they spoke.  So this is the most likely explanation for your friend's way of answering

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Mexicans talk like that. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Some kind of ppl simply have no actual

personality & so will sound generic which is

actually quite common in this day & age my

Dawg dude!

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

A1 steak sauce sucks.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

It could be due to a mild form of autism. There are individuals who are on the spectrum that may exhibit behaviors that are not always obvious but slightly noticeable. Or, it may be how a person processes the information they are given. Information is often processed at different speeds from person-to-person. It may just depend on the individual. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Maybe they ARE a computer and or robot. Ever think about that? 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.