Is it hard for a Canadian citizen to move to the U.S?

My girlfriend lives in California, we are moving in together I heard it isn’t as hard for a Canadian to move to america.. of course I know I’d have to get a visa but I was just wondering if the whole process is complicated

• Foofa

All immigration processes are "complicated". But if your occupation is on the TN list you may be able to get a US work visa. Outside of that she'd have to marry and sponsor you.

IF! you're Jweish... and.... is a Canadian.... you get to write the State of the Union Address for stupid US Presidents = David Frum "Axis of Evil" State of the Onion Address for GW Idiot

There are NO bf/gf visas, no shack-up visas! Unless you two marry, AND your gf qualifies to sponsor you for fiancé or spouse visa, you are not coming to US, and NOT living together.

Do you qualify for student or employment visa? IF you qualify, get accepted by a university or get hired by a qualified employer, you might get a temporary visa to go to school or work. Otherwise, you stay put in your own country.

It is not really any easier for a Canadian than anyone else.  The USA does not have "boyfriend" visas though, whereas you girlfriend could move to Canada fairly easily in the family reunification system.  To do that in the US, you actually have to be married, but, not for Canada.

• Maxi

The US do not offer 'shack up together' visas... so not hard, it is impossible