promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Ray asked in News & EventsMedia & Journalism · 2 months ago

How do you determine what is biased or unbiased?

Update:

I'm trying to locate unbiased news but I can't ask this question without getting a biased answer. 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Use your heart to guide you, no news source is entirely biased or unbiased, read multiple sources.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

Bias!  Asian Gangs or White Hate groups beat up a Black thug.............. 

Unbiased :   Tyrone Jackson ..... without a picture..... raped an elderly woman..... then cop shot Tyrone because cop was racist

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Bias is axiomatic

• not
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It's hard to be unbiased. We are biased, it is what it is. A bias person is natural while a bias group circulating their opinion as news a choice. People are drawn to the bias that confirms their bias so bias is actually perfected by many. News groups retain viewers by coddling the veiwer's bias. There is no single source for unbias news. Fake news as a group effort needs to cease but a writer sharing their view is healthy communication.

All we can do is avoid bias posed as fact and editing to support the bias. A transparent bias of an individual is okay to me, expected. Unbias information is found by hearing from multiple bias sources and picking out the facts without applying your own bias. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

You need to know all of the facts which requires either being very well versed on the subject at hand or doing some very good research on the subject in question. Then when you see only one side of the issue being stressed you know there is bias. There is a site called pro con which presents the arguments on both sides of most controversial issues which can be helpful in researching such cases.

• 2 months ago

There are websites that claim to grade the bias of the various media outlets, such as https://mediabiasfactcheck.com

I typically look at factcheck.org and snopes to verify truth from fake news, although it may take a few days to a week for the truth to appear on those sites.  Articles claiming that snopes is liberal biased have been debunked by the way.

If a media outlet claims they are not biased, they probably are.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.