promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsMedia & Journalism · 2 months ago

Why isn’t the media making coverage about covid19 survivors?

I don’t ever see the news reporting numbers of coronavirus survivors, they just report cases and death tolls. That’s the problem with the news they focus on the negatives when there’s positives happening. I feel like the news is making this pandemic worse and worse, they’re making people panic and panicking is the absolute worse thing anybody can do in this situation, panicking lowers the immune system which makes people weak to the virus. If everybody was calmer the situation would be a whole lot better. My psychology professor said that mental health is just as important as physical health, all this news coverage on the negatives is harmful for a persons mental health. The news need to report all statistics, talk about worldwide survivors. Report the number of people who recovered that day.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Jas B
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Well as the majority of people who have or have had the virus have not had it confirmed by any test, how can we know these figures?

As the World Health Organisation said a couple of weeks ago the best response to the virus is "test, test, test"

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

I know what your saying.  There are a few stories coming out now about people that've had the virus and survived, but they are few.  Channel 4 (UK) had a short report by a Doctor, who'd had the virus and said it was similar to a bout of Flu.

It certainly would be a great idea if some news channels could dedicate a programme interviewing survivors.  Maybe put a tweet on your local News Channel, suggesting some positive news stories.

Good luck everyone...

• 2 months ago

They are sadistic capitalists hit them with money it's all that effects them it's part of the system they are owned by the system and every country on earth is divided and conquered by money this thing is not to get you better it's to save them stay at home dont bother us is the order OR ELSE YOU WILL DIE TOO and maybe me 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Good question and good points made.  Spreading doom and gloom and causing stress is at least as bad for an individual's immune system as smoking and other recreational dependencies. Headlines are maybe OK, but it is the editorial/analysis which does the harm.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.