promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Hi, can u please correct me this essay??? (I’m an Italian student and I’d like to know if it’s ok)?

For and against essay: “students and modern technologies”

Technology is after the gift of life, perhaps the greatest of God's gifts. Mother of civilizations, of arts and of sciences, technology has certainly changed the way we live. It has become essential in the sight of modern generations in every sphere of life. The impact of technology can be felt in every possible field one such field is education. In fact, with the onset of computers in education, it has become easier for teachers to impart knowledge and for students to acquire it. The use of technology has made the process of teaching and learning all the more enjoyable.

As it has just been said, technology has brought lots of advantages in studying; let’s see some of them. It makes students more excited to learn, it helps with busy schedules, giving them freedom to work at home on their own time, trains them to learn new technology skills they can use later in the workplace, and also decreases paper and photocopying costs, promoting the concept of “green

revolution”. We can have a poof of the benefits of technology simply looking at the period we are living: without modern technologies all the activities we’re doing these days to keep the world out there spinning, wouldn’t exist. No smart working, no video lessons... nothing of this would have been possible without the Internet.

Update:

As everything, the use of the Internet in studying also has some disadvantages. Many experts and experienced people say that, due to technology in education, students’ imagination is affected, and their thinking ability is reduced. It has to be said that from some elderly teachers’ point of view, the use of technological equipment is time-consuming and the majority of those doesn’t even know how to turn on a computer.

Update 2:

We also have to consider that is costly to install such technology and that some students’ can’t afford modern computer technologies. One of the biggest problems is the increase of incidents of cheating: technological developments like graphical calculators, high tech watches, mini cameras and similar equipment have become great sources to cheat in exams, with the least chances of being caught. Technology can also cause health issues when used over the limit.

Update 3:

Technology has a positive impact on education and at the same time may also pose negative effects. In my opinion teachers should learn how to use properly all the technological equipment to facilitate the learning of students who, in turn, should try to use all the technological tools without cheating but considering them a support.

There are no answers yet.
Be the first to answer this question.