promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
-- asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

Is biting yourself self harm?

Hey, it might sound weird but... is biting yourself self harm? When im angry or stressed out, I bite in my hand. Like, really hard. I usually get bruises from it and once it started bleeding. Is it self harm? And if it is, do you have any tips for stopping?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • falcon
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

I suggest talking with a psychologist to figure out what triggersthis behavior and understanding yourself better

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

Of course!

U can go to doctor.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Of course it is.  Ask your parents to schedule an appointment with a therapist to help you manage your anxiety.

• 2 months ago

Inflicting pain on yourself if self-harm. If you go to the Amazon and Goodread ads for Freedom from Self-Harm by Gratz and Chapman, you'll see that the reader reviews are all very positive. One says, "This book helped me tremendously."

When you do this less, it makes it easier for you to deal with the problem that made you self-harm. Likewise, when your deal with that problem, it makes it easier for you to self-harm less.

I have advice from experts about stress management in recent answers. I should mention that the best thing is probably seeing a mental health professional. Your family doctor can make a referral.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

That is self harm. There doesn't need to be blood to have it called that. If you get that upset try biting something else like a non-toxic squshy.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.