-- asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

Is biting yourself self harm?

Hey, it might sound weird but... is biting yourself self harm? When im angry or stressed out, I bite in my hand. Like, really hard. I usually get bruises from it and once it started bleeding. Is it self harm? And if it is, do you have any tips for stopping?

• falcon

I suggest talking with a psychologist to figure out what triggersthis behavior and understanding yourself better

Of course!

U can go to doctor.

Of course it is.  Ask your parents to schedule an appointment with a therapist to help you manage your anxiety.

Inflicting pain on yourself if self-harm. If you go to the Amazon and Goodread ads for Freedom from Self-Harm by Gratz and Chapman, you'll see that the reader reviews are all very positive. One says, "This book helped me tremendously."

When you do this less, it makes it easier for you to deal with the problem that made you self-harm. Likewise, when your deal with that problem, it makes it easier for you to self-harm less.

I have advice from experts about stress management in recent answers. I should mention that the best thing is probably seeing a mental health professional. Your family doctor can make a referral.

That is self harm. There doesn't need to be blood to have it called that. If you get that upset try biting something else like a non-toxic squshy.