Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkNon-Alcoholic Drinks · 2 months ago

How's the tap water in your area and if not liking it, did u 1) Buy a water filter to improve taste, 2) Switch to bottled water despite cost?

The tap water in my area is nearly as good as distilled water. The water treatment plant really does a great job of making sure the water is thoroughly cleaned out. The water in my area also does not have a strong chlorine taste to it. Do not switch to bottled water. The water in bottled water is not regulated for safety. Use a water filter to improve the taste.

• abdul

The tap water at my house comes from my own well. It is pretty good water, although it has a high mineral content.

The tap water in Denver is fine. We don't filter of use bottled water.

• We use a Brita filter to clean the tap water a bit, but it tastes just fine to me. We certainly don't buy bottled flat water. Though we are kind of addicted to sparkling mineral water - which is pretty distinctive in taste and texture.

• Will

Our local water is terrible. We have a whole house water softener, but my wife still prefers purified bottled water.

I would get a water filter.  The expense and waste of bottled water is insane!

I'm lucky.  I have fantastic mains water.  Of all the places I've ever lived this is the best water, the only place where I'm happy to drink it straight from the tap.  At the last place I lived I used a filter jug for all drinking water.  It was safe but not very nice otherwise.

• keerok

Yuck. Both. .

• audrey

Tastes ok to me. I find bottled water kinda bland.