promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsWrestling · 2 months ago

How come wrestling schools give bad advice and are so controlling?

Every school told me what not to do, yet superstars do it on tv.

The schools say dont bump on your sides or arm, or fall down, yet that's all rick flair falls like and guys on wcw.

They say dont run the ropes a certain way, yet wwe superstars do.

The schools wont let you have your own style and they humiliate you in front of e everybody like you're dumb. It wears on your self esteem. Plus they dont do anything about student ts not being professional or teachers favoring students who payed in full.  I worked very hard in the gym, showed up on time and I've been to 5 schools. It's just drama and politics. 

Injuries are from other people's fault and not working with you. 

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

1. Flair bumped on his side because he broke his back in two in a plane crash in the 80's, that doesn't mean you should do it. 

2.  Some rings have steel ropes and others have regular ropes and you have to hit them differently to avoid destroying your body. 

3. You're not learning how to be a TV star, you're learning the basics so you don't get to have a style until you can do the bare minimum. 

4. If you're worried about drama, politics, nepotism, and favoritism, wearing down your self worth maybe you should stay out of professional wrestling. 

5. As for trainers not taking you seriously for not fully financially investing, you're lucky to have found any that would take you at all without paying in full.  I know legendary trainers who'd laugh you out of the building if you showed up asking to pay in increments.  

6. If this persists at every school you go to (you alluded to attending more than one), then maybe you're the problem.7. If you're persistently injuring others, or others are injuring you, and no one else around you is getting hurt, odds are you're the one not cooperating or bumping right.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

It sounds like you are not into wrestling anymore and want no part of it. 

I hear people say respect the business, but it sounds like film school or cooking school culinary. You hear do's and dont's that the pros do and it's very competitive on the indie level. 

Maybe you were not aggressive enough, or stood up to some of these bad schools eager to take your money and did not really believe in you either? Hard work sadly does not pay off in the wrong places, but in life might get you someplace else.  Maybe take a break from wrestling for a while. Find another hobby. Trying to make it big is like winning the lottery. You build yourself up from the bottom and it's possible you dont have the patience, nor finances? 

Maybe read up on a few autobiographies? 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.