Chevy corvette electrical problems?

Hello. I recently bought a 1981 Chevy corvette. When I got it the tail lights, interior lights, dash lights, radio, and windshield wiper did not work. The brake lights and headlights did. I attempted to replace the ctsy clk fuse but it blew as a soon as I attempted so. I started searching for a ground wire in the middle panel area. Someone on a forum I read unplugging the cigarette light may help. I did so and the interior lights came on. The ctsy fuse no longer blew and the antenna motor started sounding immediately, it would not stop or go down. So I disconnected it near the rear driver speaker. My current concern is getting the radio to work. I replaced the fuse for the tail light and radio and still nothing. Also the radio is an after market one.

Sounds like someone boogered up the OEM wiring. The cigarette lighter is always on it's own separate circuit and fuse. Maybe they moved some of the wires on the fuse box to accommodate the radio?

• The previous owner wired the radio wrong. Ended up working once i compared the wiring to the manual. Thanks a lot!

Check power and ground at the connector with key ON or ACC and key out of ignition (there are two power wires) with a test light.  Power and ground is good, the radio is bad.

Replace the bulbs for the tail lights.  No luck, check for power and ground at the tail light connector with switch ON.

Could be a bad ground.