Will you still be able to play PS4 games online with other players when Sony stops supporting it?

So I know the PS5 is due out this year, but I'm getting a PS4 soon. I haven't had a system where you can play online like this before. It makes me wonder...whenever they decide to stop the updates and support of the PS4, if I'm still playing Madden 20 with friends when that happens, will I still be able to do that? I'm not sure how that works.

• Wokaz
    Favorite Answer

Yep they won't stop supporting it. Today you can even still play PS3 games online.

Games like Madden and other yearly sports games usually have their servers shut down after 4-5 years by their developer, but some games maintain their servers forever if they remain popular enough.

• Bob

Yes you can if you want to.

Waste of money to buy PS4 right now. Really dumb move. You will still be able to, sure.

• Matt2 months agoReport

Thanks for the encouraging note!