Anonymous

Should I call HR/ email them about this? job related?

3 weeks ago I got interviewed for a job, and the interview went smoothly - it was online due to the corona virus situation. However I did not have my headphones so I was constantly asking them to repeat their questions because I couldnt hear them.

About 2 weeks ago (20/3/2020) I received a call from them saying that they are preparing my contracts and acceptance letter (exact words i heard) and it would take about a week to get everything done. I said thank you and hung up. I then emailed the HR asking when do I officially start work as I forgot to ask during the call I had just now. The HR told me not to worry and they will wait for me while serving my notice period and she told me not to tender my resignation first. And that was the last i heard from them despite me emailing them back another question (they did not respond to my latest email)

Is this a silent rejection or am I too impatient? When would be a good time to call/email them about the status of my paperwork?

I would be calling them now.

With everything going on in the world, they may not even be working or have bigger priorities. 

Go by this until you hear otherwise...."The HR told me not to worry and they will wait for me while serving my notice period and she told me not to tender my resignation first."

Call or email them to check your status. Sometimes the keenest person gets the job.