Is a nintendo switch lite worth it?

I want to buy a nintendo switch lite, but what really turns me off is the price of the games. It's already $260, and you have to pay $80 each for most games. Is it really that good?

My son owns the regular Switch and the Lite.  He  doesn’t seem to prefer one over the other, just when he uses each one.  He likes to take the Lite for when he is travelling or visiting (like you did with the Gameboys), but tends to revert back to the regular console when home.  If you are choosing between the two I would base your purchase on where you are most likely to use it, so you have value for the money.  

If you don't already own a Switch, BUY ONE!!! 

I Won't go into my story, but I'm A SONY fanboy.

When it comes to Indie digital downloads, Switch is GOLDEN!!!!

You Can build a "Wish List" and Nintendo will send you Emails when they go onsale.

I had issues with SDcards, but no issue with Sandisk Nintendo cards.

Seriously, I HATE NINTENDO, but they are Awesome.

The (Physical) games will ALWAYS run $40-60 a piece, I ONLY buy Exclusives on physical. Carts are more to produce, but if you collect, not so bad.

It Goes, Sony first, Nintendo, second, then Microsoft (Xbox has Ori).

• Boy

Its really good, I think i would enjoy it better than my xbox one x.

ok so my brother is really annoying and my parents spoil us so we had to get two nintendo switches, one for me and my sister and one for him. later when the lite one came out, he said that he wanted that. at that moment i thought he was so stupid because we already have the good one. my suggestion to you is that you should just get the regular one, as it is just a better console (i think) all together. 

Honestly, I would just splurge and get the regular switch. It is more expensive but its probably better in the long run because its just much more functional 

Most games aren't $80. More like $50-60. That said, the rub for me on the switch lite is that the joy cons on the witch are what tends to go bad, and if they go bad on the lite, you're screwed.

the games cost the same as console games $60 not $80 unless you live in another country then it's should cost the same as whatever you pay for console games. trick is to just buy the games with good reviews. 

as for the lite version it's handheld only. idk if you can use a dock with it or even an external port to hook it up to a tv and play it like a regular switch. i'd look that part up. if not and you don't play hand helds often then imo not worth it. if you like consoles better and still want one i'd opt for the regular switch. 

sadly my dock broke so i have to play hand held only i don't play my switch that often but i much prefer to play while laying down. eventually will buy a new dock. the games i got are pretty good for the price i paid but like i said they are all games that have really good reviews. 

The game prices are the same that you'll pay for any other system. 

In most cases, the games are worth the price.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Super Mario Odyssey, and Dragon Quest XI S are some of the best games ever, not just the best games on the system.

There are plenty of cheaper indie games available on the eShop as well.  It may be hard to find what you are looking for with well over 2,000 games to buy on it, but cheaper games can be found if you look.

The biggest thing about a Switch Lite over a normal Switch is that it's 100% handheld only with no detachable controllers.  The normal Switch has detachable controllers called Joy-Con which can be used freely, one in each hand, or in a provided grip to make it more like a standard controller. 

The normal Switch also comes with a dock so you can play the games on any HDMI-capable TV.  Switch Lite doesn't allow this, as again, it's 100% handheld only.

So if you think you'll want to play games on the larger screen of a TV, then you'll need to pay the additional $125 CAD or so for the normal switch.

The vast majority of retail games are $60 not $80... but you don't even have to pay $60 if you don't want to. Every game eventually goes on sale if you're patient, and don't immediately buy them on launch day.

• leeceve

I'm in Canada, so the games are $80 CAD, and $60 USD.

My sister just bought a new lite the other day at GameStop it was $199. But yeah the expensive price of games does turn people off, that’s why you’re supposed to wait until the end of a consoles life to buy the console then all the games are $20 new. It all just depends if playing those games now is worth it to you or not. I was playing GameCube games this morning, I want to work on my backlog, but some people would rather buy new stuff now and that’s fine too.