This kind of adapter really works to plug a HDD or SSD and boot a O.S.?

Can I plug two SSD or HDD in one PCI-express x1 port without have supply problems?

NO! these units require a dedicated connection without other devices on same

• Adrian

That device lets you connect two SATA drives, but it only supplies the data connection. You still need separate power connectors for each SATA drive you connect to it.

Some of those boards allow booting from them, many do not. It all depends on how the drives show up in the BIOS. If that card needs "Windows drivers" to work, then the BIOS may not see them, and you cannot boot them. If the BIOS sees the drives connected to it, then odds are good you can select one to boot from.

That adapter will allow you to connect two sata devices (hdd, ssd, optical drive etc.)

But only one of those devices can be the boot drive.

• VP

It looks like it. You'll just have to try it out and see.  Oh, and I think SATA3 is mostly for SSDs if I'm not mistaken.